For the past few years, experts have been discussing whether desktop ads are really dead. While many argue that there will always be a place for a bigger screen, powerful processors and possibilities for multitasking.

Focused on real-time data most researches show that mobile marketing is taking over desktop. More users are spending significant amounts of time engaged with mobile devices than ever before. It’s time for businesses to catch up and understand where and how their customer is connected.

mobile marketing

Why smartphones are sharper than laptops in the advertising world?

Considering how ingrained mobile devices are in our lives, inbound marketers constantly follow and optimize their strategies for mobile.

When done right, mobile marketing allows customers or potential customers using smartphones to engage with personalised, time and location-based information so they can get what they need – when they need it, even if they’re on the go.

Mobile marketing ad formats, customization, and styles can vary on different social media platforms, websites, and mobile apps. Every channel provides its own ad option.

Consumers are increasingly relying on their smartphones to help them make everyday decisions. For example, 69% of smartphone users look for travel ideas while waiting for the subway, and 82% of users turn to their phone when deciding are they going to buy a unique product while standing in the store. That’s the moments where the speed and relevance of advertisement come into play for brands to make an impression that will influence the decision.

mobile marketing

Our thoughts for mobile advertising

It can be construed as a discredit to the PC/laptop world, but actually, we want to show trends and stats that step in mobile marketing.

  1. Mobile advertising represents 72% of all U.S. digital ad spending. (Marketing Land)
  2. The numbers confirm that – Mobile video set records in 2018. Mobile’s share of online “video starts” crossing 50% for the first time.
  3. Adults are spending on average 3 hours and 23 minutes on nonvoice mobile media. (eMarketer)
  4. Users spend on average 69% of their time on smartphones. (comScore)
  5. Apps account for 89% of mobile media time, with the other 11% spent on websites. (Smart Insights)
  6. People spend 80% of the time on social media on a mobile device. (comScore)
  7. 71% of marketers believe mobile marketing is a body to their business. (Salesforce)

We can safely assume that mobile advertising provides more value for marketers. Customers are more likely to buy from a business that has a better mobile experience and presence. That’s why more marketers and business persons are scandalising Rich Media ads as their mobile advertising solution.

Creating a rich media ad takes seconds, personalising your ad take minutes and making it intelligent is done automatically. We wanted to cover some unique reasons why rich media ads are a successful marketing tool.

You can get a high interaction rate, more Calls to Action, larger space to provide visuals and messaging on mobile and you can increase tracking. We have taken complex ad technology and made it easy to use, personalize and understand. Check for more information.